Half Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Hill

The gods have been expecting you.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hermes, the Olympian god of messengers, is the god of the week!
The sites doing great! Keep up the good work, guys! Feel free to PM me, or either of the mods, if you need anything!

The Guidelines

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moon
Admin
Moon

The Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: The Guidelines   The Guidelines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Rule No. 1 ~

All members shall obey the Admin and Moderators. Any violations will have actions taken against the member, with possible expulsion banishment from the site. We will enforce all rules, and if you do not like them, you may leave. Also, you are not permitted to chew gum in the hallways. Thank you.

Rule No. 2 ~

Profanity should be kept to a minimum. Our board is rated PG-13, leaning on the PG scale. Do not be uncourteous to others with such language either, because the result will be a temporary ban for first offense. Also: no sexual scenes in roleplaying. You know what PG-13 is, as most of you are 12+. Any type of sexual activities via roleplay and/or other contact on this site should be reported to a moderator immediately. Kissing, hugging, etc. is fine. Do not do anything you wouldn't in front of your friends, grandmother's cat, or four year old cousin. Violence is also another thing. PG-13 movies can get pretty graphic and bloody, but that doesn't mean we have too. Violence is tolerated, as long as no one goes overboard.

Rule No. 3 ~

Spamming will not be tolerated. I am only telling you this once. Permanent banning will lead to any attempts/threats at spamming or hacking. Thank you VERY much.

Rule No. 4 ~

Personal expression is important in any community, including Half Blood Hill. But the following will be prohibited:

• LGBT acts of any nature via roleplay or otherwise. Some people are very sensitive to this, on either side of the argument. Religion and political beliefs are offensive to some, but wholesome to others. You WILL respect all people on this site, regardless of their sexual orientation. Characters are allowed to be gay, but they may not openly display it, and their character may not be based purely on this. Come on people, we are mature enough to handle this. Regardless of my personal beliefs, I will not discriminate anyone on their views, and I ask you not to either. It would not be fair to only allow characters that fit in my standards of normal, no matter what I believe. People who are against homosexuality count as well, and the other side of the argument may not be rude to them about this either.

• Emo/Goth characters are not entirely prohibited, but I do not want any psychotic death threats or any self mutalation going on in Roleplay. Also, having a goth child of Apollo/Demeter/Aphrodite is not permitted---- That's just incredibly stupid.

• Mentally insane characters are prohibited. Sure, all of us are a little crazy sometimes--- but people that have mental disabilities are not allowed. Godly blood would prevent this. (Minus dyslexia) Children of Dionysus may not be insane. Remember: Dionysus is not insane himself, he only has the ability to cast someone into a state of eternal drunkeness or insanity.

Rule No. 5 ~

Yes, I know there is a cabin for both Artemis and Hestia on this board. But as of now, the only ones allowed in the Artemis cabin are Huntresses and Marie. This is because, pre-site wise, Marie was the only daughter of Artemis. Marie is played by moderator Rain.

The only people allowed in the Hestia cabin are the unclaimed demigods on their first night (moved from Hermes), and Autumn. Autumn is played by me.

Rule No. 6 ~

Your username shall be your nickname.
Ex: Moon, Rain, Swift
NOT YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME(S)!

Your signature MUST be set up like mine. 100 x 200 size only, please. Requests can be found here [ link ]

YOUR AVATAR SHALL BE NO LARGER THAN 100 X 200!

Rule No. 7 ~

You must post once a week (at least) for each character. If not, that character will be taken off of you. If you don't post at all, then your account will be deleted.

-If you dissapoof and do not log on for a week or more, the post count does not apply to you. If you post an absence, it doesn't apply either.

Thank You,
Dolores Umbridge
The Staff
Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodhillrp.forumotion.com
Rain

Rain

Location : Watching you .3. Making sure you stay out of trouble

The Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guidelines   The Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 7:20 pm

Rain's Rules

Rule #1:
This is a mature site, as Moon said before. Therefore, posts should not be like, "sun ran up the sidewalk she was excited cuz 2day was her b-day." We are mature, RP like you're writing an essay for school or something. To help you with this, posts should be 3 sentences MIN. If you post only one sentence, you will be forced to go back and redo it.
We would also like you to color your dialogue. You know, the stuff your charries say? The words that go in quotations? Color them. Like this:
Marie looked offended. "Don't say that!" she snapped.

Rule#2:
Aphrodite children can Charmspeak. As much as it pains me to say that, and we know that only certain kids can, this is a fansite. Children of Circe and Medea may do the same. This also means that all Hephaestus children have the power of fire, like Leo did in The Lost Hero.
Don't god-mod, though, because we have the power to take away your abilities. You can't post like, "Go make me a sandwich!!!!111!!one111!!!two!1!111" and get mad when other people refuse to.

Rule #3
Have a posting order. There is nothing more frustrating than having to go, then coming back the next day and there's 10 pages when when you had left, there were only 3. So post lik 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, not out of order like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 5, 4, 5, 4, 5, etc. Of course, if it's just a small topic, by all means, post out of order, but posting in order makes it easier and fair. Also, in the description, add who is in the topic, and make sure the people involved know the point of the topic, so you don't randomly end up having a monster attack. That's what ended up happening with all the other sites

Rule #4
You guys know OoC's, the "Out of Conversation" thingies we use to discuss random subjects? Okay, on WCC, those can be anything! If you wanted, you could carry on a whole different conversation from the main theme of the topic. However, on this site, with all the other rules, people get too into the RP, and when you throw in a totally random OoC like, "so wut joo hav 4 dinr las nite? :inserttrollface: " then it gets everybody all upset and confused. So please, if you are going to use an OoC, by all means, go ahead, but we'd prefer it if you kept it within 10 feet of the topic.

Kthnxbai. Have a nice day. Come again. Please.
Back to top Go down

The Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Hill :: Welcome :: Rules and Introductory-
Jump to: