Half Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Hill

The gods have been expecting you.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hermes, the Olympian god of messengers, is the god of the week!
The sites doing great! Keep up the good work, guys! Feel free to PM me, or either of the mods, if you need anything!

Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moon
Admin
Moon

Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) Empty
PostSubject: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 7:44 pm

[ After the dinner ]

The dinner had just ended. Cassandra was exhausted, and immediately began trudging back to the large, cold Hecate Cabin. She entered, through a drape of magical, sound-proofed curtains, that were purple with ancient runes on them. Inside, there was a main room; two bookshelves, complete with spell books, guides to Greek mythology, and information on everything witches needed. It had three, dark, smoke gray-black chairs, and a two seated, smoke-black couch, each with it's own blanket; The couch and a chair with purple for Hecate, another chair with red for Circe, and another with green for Medea. There were five other rooms, one large: The girls room, for Hecate girls. There was a smaller one for boys of Hecate, because they were generally very rare; another room, for the daughters of Circe, who had no sons. The other two rooms were for sons and daughters of Medea, which still was more commonly filled with daughters. But, Cassandra had occupied this Cabin by herself ever since she arrived.

She slumped down on the two seated couch, rubbing her forehead. The blanket flew upward, and wrapped around her. She never had to worry about disturbances, since it was always her alone. She sighed, and was about to fall asleep. . . It had been a long day. . .

When someone entered the Cabin. Did she have a sister? She wondered, as a girl entered. Cassandra hadn't been paying attention at all at the Claiming, and hadn't eaten any of her food. "Hello?" She inquired.
Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodhillrp.forumotion.com
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Tired and drousy the brown haired girl dragged the larger bohemian styled bag. It's earthy designs bleeding in with with star dusted sky. Intact her eyes were super bright and sparkling with the hidden big dipper. She blinked and the hair that was in her eyes were swiped away by the wind. Emmeline yawned covering her wide mouth with her hand.
She was suddenly stumbling up the emerald lined steps leading up to a sturdy door left ajar. Emmeline stumbled in then stopped at the sight of the cabin mates. "Oh I wasn't expecting another person. I didn't think Circe had another daughter." She mumbled outload, but mostly to herself. She looked around unsure of what to do. She blinked her wide jade eyes, her eye lashes brushing against one another. "Um well.. I'm Emmeline." She said blankly, to surprised to read her eyes fir a personality.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Admin
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 7:11 pm

Oh, this was her new 'sister', was it? Sister via witchcraft, of course. They were all technically related. All magic came from Hecate. Cassandra looked quizzically at the daughter of Circe, evaluating her from head to toe. Eventually, she said, "No, I'm the daughter of Hecate. This is the Hecate Cabin. Only recently have Circe and Medea children been allowed to live here; I'm pretty sure you're the first of either." Nodding, she sat up. She gestured to the chair next to her, as if to say, 'take a seat'.

It had been 50 years since the camp had been filled. There used to be about ten Hecate children at a time, and now there was only her. The gods had stopped having as many demigods as they used to; no one knew why. 50 years ago was when Percy Jackson had been a camper. Now, even after Hecate allowed her daughter Circe and great niece Medea become fully recognized goddesses, there were only two people in the Hecate Cabin. It was some sort of phenomenon.

Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 9:23 pm

The girl stared blankly at Cassandra, her mouth pulled into a puzzled line. She then followed her hand toward a black leather seat, and she sank comfortably into the plush well kept seats. Her eyes rushed around as she searched the cabin for assign of Circe. However a smaller room extended out of the main part of the cabin into a silver and purple room. Animal paw prints were seen on the walls, and if you brushed your finger across the paw print you could feel the mark.
In awe she turned her small span of attention to the other rayed pretty girl. "Oh, I see. What is your name? I dint catch it." She said quickly trying to change the subject, because she knew this girl would be a lot more powerful than her. Blinking a pair of green eyes hiding behind a white eyelid and a silky lace of lashes that brushed her eyebrows.

Last edited by Lil on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moon
Admin
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:05 pm

"I am Cassandra. Charmed to meet you, by the way, sister," Cassandra said, her face covered by shadows. The fireplace suddenly roared to life, flames almost spewing out of it. Cassie smiled. "Basic ignition spell. You'll learn soon enough. Hecate. . . or, Circe, I'm not sure which, will come and show you the basics. From there, the books will teach you everything. And, having a more experienced witch for assistance does not hurt either." She flashed a small smile. After which, she continued: "Most demigods aren't shown how to control their abilities, let alone by their godly parent. But, we must have a teacher, because sorcery is the most dangerous of all powers. We control the very fiber of space and time; We can take from Poseidon's waters, Hephaestus' flame, Demeter's gardens, even Lord Zeus's sky. Magic is all-powerful. It's no wonder Zeus fears the Queen of Witches." She sounded proud of herself, proud of her mother.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Emmeline's mouth was gaped open, her face shadowed by the flames. She looked at her finger tips and then at Cassandra. "Oh, wow. Honestly you must be mistaken. I mean I'm just some dorky girl who has literally no friends. I mean I may be daughter of Circe but I don't have nearly as much powers as you, daughter of Hecate. " She said rubbing her hands together over the fire and looking at her, the stars in her eyes sparkling.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Admin
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Cassandra's expression turned even more grim than it already was, and she rolled her eyes. Staring into Emmeline's star-specked eyes, she began, "I don't believe you're in any position to be belittling the power of the mighty goddess that is Circe. She has been described as enchanting, all powerful, and unbeatable; She is the daughter of Hecate, after all," She added the last sentence proudly. "Besides. We're all equal when it comes to magical potential. There's a reason Hecate gave you magic. Some of us are better than others. There aren't many witches around now'a'days, because human mortals cannot handle the powers anymore, but in Ancient Greece, Hecate sometimes gave magic to a female she felt worthy. Sometimes as a gift to a family, enchanting their daughter with powers. Now, I'm pretty sure we are the only witches alive, unless Hecate, Medea, or Circe have some other children lying around some where. And saying you're nothing compared to me just because my mother is Queen, is like saying Aphrodite is nothing compared to Artemis just because Artemis has a King father. And believe me. It's not true."

Yawning, she walked over to the daughter of Circe. She put a soft, pale hand on her shoulder. "You're going to be better at different aspects of magic than I am. It's just like the witch goddesses. Medea loves potions and ritual spells, Circe loves animals and transmogrifications, and Hecate loves energy magics(though, don't get me wrong. All three are capable of each magic mentioned, and many more.) What I'm trying to say is, you're going to love something different than me. Personally, I hate transfigurations. They're difficult. But, as your mother is Circe, you may indeed be a natural," Cassandra yawned once more, and stretched her arms. She realized how much she had just talked. She gave a history lesson, a pep talk, and a brief introduction to the three goddesses that Emmeline and she were expected to pray to. Hmm. Embarrassing.

Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Emmeline's star brushed eyes drooped and her mouth creased in a straight line. Pressing her full, plump lips together she inhaled through her small nose. How embarrassing, doubting her own mother's power, but ever since Emmy had figured out that her mother had left her with her awful father she had to admit she wasn't to fond of her. "Well I suppose that is true. Yet this is all new to me. I don't get why she sent me here. Why now out of all times would she give me a letter. I have no clue if I'm dreaming half the time and now I have to realise I can do magic? I probably sound like a lunatic right now, but this is all so new. Soo.. So strange!" She replied to her studdying the roof of the cabin, it was sprinkled with stars like her eyes.
She took a small yawn and stretched her arms. "Where is the Circe half? I am really tired, so I hope you dont mind me asking." She barely said before another yawn escaped.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Admin
Moon

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 6:13 pm

Sighing, Cassandra pointed to Circe's room. She yawned. "Circe and Medea barely get a quarter, combined. This is the Hecate Cabin. Sorry about the small room," It wasn't much of a conversation, and these two barely knew each other. And they were living together. Hopefully, they'd get along. Maybe like sisters. With another great yawn, Cassandra lay on the couch. It had been a long, boring day. At least she made a new friend.

Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Emmeline's hair shimmered as she shuffled into the medium sized room. It was silver, sparkling and enchanting, stars who looked real dotted the ceiling of the cabin. It was cozy and the Circe child sat down her mezmorising bag. She stripped into her under clothes and then quickly dressed in her long sweat pants and a long top.
" 'Night!" She called sliding into the silver comforter, that fluffed out around her. The pillows adjusted themselves. With a snap the fire place at her section if the camp fluttering off rift after the tucked her journal under her pillow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)   Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pricking of the Thumbs (Em!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Hill :: Other :: The Underworld-
Jump to: