Half Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Hill

The gods have been expecting you.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hermes, the Olympian god of messengers, is the god of the week!
The sites doing great! Keep up the good work, guys! Feel free to PM me, or either of the mods, if you need anything!

The Queen of the Gods

Go down 
+2
Dew
Moon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Moon
Admin
Moon

The Queen of the Gods Empty
PostSubject: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:41 pm

The peacocks, tails down, walked through the foggy morning mist. Their heads bobbed as they waddled on, until they got to the Big House. they kneeled in front of it. Chiron scratched his beard, coming out in a bathrobe, that was cut so it would shape his horse-half. He yawned. "Wah? Oh, no . . . I --- He was silenced as the peacocks spread their tails, and the mist departed. Sun shone throughout the Camp. Music played from no where, a festive tune. The peacocks chirped once or twice.

As the peacocks danced, peahens, lionesses, and cows crowded the area. They were lined in an orderly fashion, as if they had rehearsed this before. At the end of the line of birds, cats, and barn animals, a flash of light sprang to life. From it, the goddess Hera spun around, smiling so brightly, that she almost matched the alright shining sun.

Campers had begun to emerge from their cabins to see what the commotion was. As much as they complained, the music didn't stop and the sun kept shining. Ajax and Andreas, in pajamas, walked out of the Ares cabin, a grimace on Andy's face. He was wearing a white t-shirt with black sweat pants, and his normally well groomed hair was a mess. Ajax's hair was similarly messy, and he too wore black sweats, along with a red t-shirt. "What the H --" He began, but Hera gave him a dazzling . . . scowl.

The music stopped. The animals huddled away, seeming to disappear as they fled. Hera approached the Ares Cabin. "Huh? I was gonna say 'Hades' . . ." Ajax said, which made Hera's scowl deepen. Chiron approached cautiously. Though the festivities had died down, the sun was still shining brightly and their was the air of spring time, even though it should have been blistering hot and dry. The weather was perfect. There were no clouds in the sky at all.

"Hello, my dear Ares child. Is this anyway to greet your Queen? I think not!" Hera said sweetly, but the venom in her voice was clearly audible. Hera favored Ares children, but that wasn't saying much, as she despised demigods in general.

Andreas looked genuinely terrified. It was true. He looked like an idiot in front of Hera, but. . . So did everyone else. No one had gotten dressed. Hera twirled her hand, and Ajax and Andreas both appeared in an old Greek robe. They were both red. "Your father used to wear these! Very nice. They'll be great. . . In our little event, boys." She said evilly. With a flick of the wrist, everyone else appeared in Greek robes too. The girls' hair had been tied into a Greek styled braid. "Now, my Greek heroes, to the Arena. It is time to begin the events!" She smiled crookedly. Chiron looked nervous.

Back to top Go down
https://halfbloodhillrp.forumotion.com
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:27 pm

Anders looked down at the strange change of clothes. "Not bad." He muttered.

Orson stood with May. He observed the changing of the clothes, and watched as her hair twirled into a braid. "Wow." He whispered.

May smiled. "You look nice." She said, at a loss for words at what to say to that.

Lalin loved the braid. The robes felt soft and silky. The braid was neatly tied, and felt really comfortable. "I should do this more often."

Sorun looked around. "Interesting." He looked down to observe his robes. "Like the sandals." He commented.

They all waited for the other campers to follow the Goddess to the Arena.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Ooc: Hera!:) Oh how I love her, of corse I must join!

Emmeline gasped as her long hair was twirled into an elegant brains down her back. The long dark-brown locks swung brushing the bottom of her slim back. The slimy robes wrapped around her frame better than any skinny jeans or top could. Really she looked stunning.

Morgan's hair too swung into an elegant braid that swung around in golden locks. It was like sweet honey and lined her sea blue eyes. Her face was lined with the locks that swept in a soft style around her face. She wasn't expecting the sleek robes, that too fit her curves better than Emmeline. She was easliy pretty, a suttle kind of way. Really all the girls did, the simple style suited any girl.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

Location : Watching you .3. Making sure you stay out of trouble

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:06 am

As Marie stood outside the Artemis cabin, she watched Hera and Ajax's 'conversation' happen. Then Hera gave all of them an Ancient Greek makeover, and Marie wasn't too thrilled. She pulled her braid around and saw the end tied off with a gold band. Glaring at the goddess, the Hunter shut her door and took measured steps towards where all the people were gathering.

Haimon was mad. He hated when the Olympians, or any gods for that matter, used them and dressed them. For Persephone's sake, the demigods were certainly old enough to prepare themselves!

(And then, we look to Tyler XD)
In front of the Apollo cabin, a young blonde man was dancing.
"This is wonderful!" he cried, picking at his clothes. Looks were exchanged by almost everybody. They never really stopped much to wonder about Tyler; he was a son of Apollo, what could they do?
Back to top Go down
Root

Root

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:33 pm

Two bodies watched on from the Cabin of the Goddess of the Harvest; While one of them held a spark of interest in their gaze, the other had what appeared to be nothing short of annoyance. The boy nearly scoffed. While it was indeed a beautiful day, and the peacocks were a nice touch, the music was utterly horrible and horribly catchy. He was never going to get it out of his head. Never.
"Oh, calm yourself." The girl muttered to her twin, a hint of amusement hidden in her voice as if she could read his his thoughts. "It's not that terrible."
He didn't waver, "According to you."was his simple reply. If only he could pin-point the morons playing the music, a nice swing to the jaw would shut a few of them up.
A look of curiosity began to grow on the girls face. Out of the mist came a strange women whom she had never seen before. There was a strange air of elegance that surrounded her, glee and beauty, twisted with carefully masked disgust and loathing. She thoughtfully pushed her the hair out of her sight and behind her ear; Where had she seen this face before?
She placed her hand on her brothers arm to catch his attention. "What's going on, Alex?"she wondered aloud, her gaze unwavering from the strange goddess.
He frowned, "I don't know." He looked a little offended as the wonder approached the Ares Cabin before anyone else. "Let's find out..." He started to walk tword the small crowed, stopping short when he realized something. Wait a minute... The music stopped. "OH, thank you! Thank you!" Alex shouted up to the heavens, a little too loudly. His hands were raised up in foolish praise while they walked.
"Shuddup, shuddup. Idiot." The young women hissed through her teeth looking the other way, clearly embarrassed.
Alexander laughed lightly and punched her playfully on the arm, "Oh, lighten up, Alyssa. That tune was pure torture..."
She muttered something back quietly to him, which made him smile, and tapped on a stranger's shoulder. "Ah, excuse me...? Do you know..." She was interrupted by the sudden change in atmosphere.
Alyssa looked down, the loose and comfortable clothes she happened to be wearing before had now become a sleek gown. The fabric was carefully clothed together with the finest silk. Different thin straps of what appeared to be golden threads wrapped around her upper body, keeping the loose gown close to her curves. Soft, earthy sandles laced around her ankles and up to her knees. In slight shock, she raised her hands to her head. Her hair had before been free and hanging till her waist; It was now swept together in a loose bun on the top of her head, A soft braid laying across the top like a band; the rest of it being amber locks, sweeping down her back. Alyssa couldn't help but smile, not having a mirror she had to imagine how she looked, and the way she picture it; She looked pretty damn beautiful... Wait.. what about her brother?
"What the-" he stopped himself in time, then exclaimed. "A-Alyssa! I think I'm wearing a toga!"
At this, Alyssa couldn't help but laugh openly. She grabbed her brother's wrist and followed the crowd. "I don't think that's a toga, but you don't look quite to shabby..." she smiled. The events? Well, whatever. Bring it.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Admin
Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:37 pm

Chiron looked utterly upset. "Lady, you cannot do this! Please, no, they're just children ---" He was silenced when Hera raised her hand. "Just children? Dear Chiron, you and I both know that these are far from ordinary children . . . " A horrible smile ruined her beautiful face. She was cold, intimidating, and manipulative, and most of the guys couldn't look away. Hera and Chiron had a silent argument, and Hera obviously won. She smiled sweetly at the demigods in the chitons, after turning Chiron into a peacock.

"Your director won't be joining us on these events, dears, too bad, isn't it? Dear brother, go soak your feathers," She added bitterly to the former centaur. She clasped her hands together, and nearly everyone straightened their backs up. Ajax glared at her from behind, but she gave him a sideways smirk. "You all need to gather your weapon and follow me. Armor may be necessary, for those who have it," Kayla nodded, and Ajax and Andreas exchanged glances. Cassandra swallowed; This couldn't be good.

Hera walked----or appeared, to glide---- to the Arena. "You have ten minutes to be ready. Because, when you get to the Arena, we are going to play a little game I learned of in Rome. Ever here of the Colosseum? Well, this is a lot like one of their tournaments. You're going to be fighting one another, no holds barred. The winner of the entire tournament will get a quest. Understood? Ten minutes. Go!" She ordered, and floated over to the Arena, two peahens and a peacock following her. It definitely wasn't Chiron.

(16 Campers here, unless I counted wrong? Lol. And Hera does want you to maim/seriously injure each other so it's coo :D)

Ajax VS Sorun - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Kayla VS Marie

Winner

VS

Winner

Tyler VS May - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Alex VS Orson

Winner ^ VS Winner v

Alyssa VS Cassandra - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Haimon VS Morgan

Winner

VS

Winner

Emmeline VS Lalin - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Anders VS Autumn

Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:04 pm

OOC: JOY!! -.-

IC:

Sorun went and grabbed a long dagger, not quite a sword, and a breastplate that fit as if made for him.

May grabbed a quiver of arrows and a bow, that had sharp dagger-like tips in case of close encounter.

Orson grabbed a sharp spear. The handle was hard, and long, and both ends were tipped with deadly heads. He also grabbed a shield he made in the forge.

Lalin grabbed a little dagger, and a fitted breastplate. That should be enough, she thought.

Anders grabbed a large sword, nicely weighted to him, and a thick shield he had had Orson make.

Back to top Go down
Root

Root

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:59 pm

ooc: Woot: :D lolpost

"What the- ?" Alexander narrowed his eyes, seeing the small bickering between the Goddess and the Centaur... Except, as he watched; It was like he blinked for one moment and the centaur was gone. Vanished. Replaced by a peacock. Did he miss something.
"It's Hera's doing." Alyssa muttered under her breathe, picking up on her brother's confusion. "One of her favorite ways to push people out of her way; Turning them into creatures. Peacocks must have become one of her favorites... after Io..." The young man looked shocked; Well for one, of her freaky knowledge of Greek myths, the other that someone could be so cruel to do things like this on a meer whim.
"The Colosseum?" She repeated in confusion and continued to stare at the retreating Hera as the rest of the group went to go grab their weapons. Alexander had to grab her and pull her away to the weapon stand. She couldn't believe it.
A tournament to fight one another, to prove themselves who was the strongest. Alex couldn't help but smile. He liked the sound of that. Eagerly he slipped on a breastplate as well has a helmet, grabbing his well cared for scythe. This was going to be a blast, and he was completely ready for it. He shot Alyssa a pleased grin; she didn't seemed to share the same emotions.
She had also slipped on a breastplate and had seemed to had grabbed her Bow, but she had made no move to grab her arrows, instead she simply stared at the weapon in her hands. "No." she muttered under her breath, lifting her head and looking at her twin. "No. I refuse to participate!"
"Woah, chill." He rushed forward, seeing her hands shaking. "It's not that bad; Just a little sport. And... I don't think we have a choice-"
"I don't care!" Alyssa raised her voice, nearly shouting. "It's not sport! It's barbaric and horrible; nothing more then that- - women's idea of amusement." She shook her head, looking as if she were disgusted.
Alexander glanced around the area; Hopeful someone would step up to the plate to help him out, no one came. "Look, I know how you feel... but Hera is one crazy bitch, and it probably wouldn't be a good idea to piss her off..." She didn't look convinced. "Do It for me? I can't do this alone." He gave her a cheezy, hopeful look; Picking up a case of arrows off the wall and handing them to her. Alyssa groaned, trying her best not to snatch them out of his grasp as she slowly took them away.
"Fine, let's get this over with..." She slung the case strap over her shoulder.
His smiled returned. "Now you're talking!" Alyssa hesitantly walked to the Arena at her brothers side. And that totally wasn't a game reference, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Holly

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Roxie and Lily Luna walked out of their cabin. When Roxie saw who was up there, she thought to herself, oh, man... Lily Luna just sighed, and then Roxie groaned.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Angrily, Marie stepped forward, merely a few feet from Hera.
"My dear goddess, this isn't right!" she exclaimed, gesturing to the bloodlust coming into her peers' eyes. Even though (she admitted it) she liked the old Greek outfit and her braid, the Hunter knew that somebody could end up seriously hurt. "At least turn Chiron back into his regular form!"

Tyler, thinking he was the comforting friend, came up behind Marie and put his hands gently on her shoulders.
"Dearest, perhaps you and I should talk," he told her, but when the girl gave him a look of deep hatred, he moved his hands. "Seriously, though, don't talk like that to a goddess. They'll blast you from the sky!" The son of Apollo threw his hands in the air to mime the exploding.

In the meantime, Haimon was looking for whoever Morgan was. Grumbling, he picked at his clothes, absentmindedly scratching at his chest. He didn't much care for the laurel branches in his hair either, but they seemed to be almost super-glued in.
This will suck, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:08 pm

Emmeline grinned spotting Haimon and waved. However she wouldnt let him distract her. She got her armory and weapons hoping it would fit her slim build. Lalin? Nope hadn't heard the name before. Hmm.

Morgan looked around trying to figure out who Haimon was. Sliding on a breastplate to find it citing her, she peaked around. She didn't know many people but she had picked up names and met a few boys, but when she eliminated the boys only a tall muscular guy with sweepy black hair. She gasped for breath, how was this fair? He was twice her size. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Holly

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:10 am

Roxie and Lily Luna were thinking totally different things about the goddess. "This outta be crazy," whispered Roxie to Lily Luna. "It can't get much crazier than this," replied Lily Luna in an equal whisper, gesturing silently to Chiron the Peacock.
Back to top Go down
Moon
Admin
Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Kayla had raced to the Athena Cabin, strapping on her breastplate, shoulder guards, and helmet. She grabbed her spear, rubbed it, and smiled. In her blue-green Greek chiton and bronze armor, she looked like a female warrior. "Strategies. . ." She muttered, looking at the floating piece of parchment outside. She was against Marie. Long-ranged attacker. Great.

Ajax and Andreas both dressed quickly, their blood-red robes complimenting their black Greek armor. Ajax held his spear happily, while Andreas felt the tip of his sword. Perfect shape. Ajax didn't care about who he was up against. They were going down. He and Andreas raced to the Arena, hopefully the first to be there.

Cassandra didn't wear armor, only a purple cloak. She wrapped it around her shoulders, and her Greek dress flowed to her feet. She took off the sandals. Much magic came from Demeter's earth, and she had to stay in tune with it.

Autumn didn't know how to prepare. She didn't have any weapons, except her dagger. She took it. But she had no armor. That couldn't be good.

Hera rolled her eyes at Marie. "Dear Chiron will be fine, you unholy creature. But what can I expect? Zeus always was one to break vows. Why would his daughter be any different?" She trailed off, sadness, regret, and anger filling her words. Luckily, however, she didn't turn Marie into a cow, or peahen. That would be kind of embarrassing.

"Ten minutes is nearly up. Quickly, now, all of you. The first match is about to start!" The large sheet of parchment followed Hera, a peacock-quill pen floating next to it. "Ajax, Son of Ares, and Sorun, Son of Hermes, will be against each other. Ready your weapons, and everyone else, to the stands. The tournament is beginning!"

Ajax smiled, but it was hard to tell from behind his black-war helm with a red plume. His eyes glinted red from behind it. Hera had given him a black cape, tied together with a ruby-bejeweled, bronze medallion, just like Greek heroes used to wear. His spear glinted dangerously in the night. "I'm going to crush you," He threatened Sorun, as they prepared themselves for battle.

Ajax VS Sorun - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Kayla VS Marie

Winner

VS

Winner

Tyler VS May - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Alex VS Orson

Winner ^ VS Winner v

Alyssa VS Cassandra - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Haimon VS Morgan

Winner

VS

Winner

Emmeline VS Lalin - - - Winner VS Winner - - - Anders VS Autumn
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Sorun rolled his eyes. "Why did I have to be first?" He whispered to the sky. "I just got here." Yet, he felt he knew how to use the small sword. He'd only ever wielded anything sword-like when he was a kid playing with a stick.
Back to top Go down
Holly

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Roxie pretended to be excited, as did Lily Luna. The two were trying not to laugh at what Roxie had nicknamed in her head Peacock-Man, actually Chiron.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:22 pm

The daughter of Artemis's mouth fell open.
"Unholy. . ?" she gawked. Tyler grabbed her and pulled her off to the side.
"Really? She'll turn you into a cow!" All the boy received was a look of deepest loathing, which he told himself was supposed to be for Hera, but he was in the way.
Marie stormed off to her cabin, pulling her hair out of the braid, and, once in her cabin, angrily slipping off the robes.
"Stupid--goddesses!" she hissed, emphasizing her words as she threw her clothes and hair-tie to the floor. Still mumbling angrily, she pulled on cut-offs and a T-shirt, then Marie dug around for her breastplate and helmet. After that, she slid on her armguard. Finally, from hanging on the headboard, the Hunter snatched her silvery bow and quiver of silver arrows. Kayla's going down.
After Marie had left, Tyler sighed, shrugged, then went to his cabin to grab his dagger and bow. He needed to restock his arrows. Plus, he had to face against his half-sister. NOT. FAIR. Once he had his armor on, he went out onto the porch and began messing with the straps, little realizing that he was loosening them just enough that they would fall off later.

As for Haimon, the son of Persephone was in a panic. He had never been in a battle before, and it was scaring him nasty. He supposed he ought to get some armor, and he had his spear, but would his training be enough?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Queen of the Gods   The Queen of the Gods I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Queen of the Gods
Page 1 of 1