Half Blood Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half Blood Hill

The gods have been expecting you.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hermes, the Olympian god of messengers, is the god of the week!
The sites doing great! Keep up the good work, guys! Feel free to PM me, or either of the mods, if you need anything!

A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rain

Rain

Location : Watching you .3. Making sure you stay out of trouble

A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) Empty
PostSubject: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Haimon stood at the bottom of the climbing wall, preparing for the next climbing session. He strapped on the weak harness, glancing in worry at the lava pouring down the wall. Silently, he prayed he wouldn't die on this adventure. While waiting, he looked around to see who else would be going on this torture journey with him, and in surprise, he saw Emmeline. Immediately, Haimon felt guilty for the other day.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Emmeline approached slowly, caution in her star filled green-brown eyes. She held an old pair of vans, splattered with paint and worn down. She swung the multicolored shoes loosely as she approached. "Look I'm sorry about yesterday.." She started and held her tounge before finishing. "Mind if I join you?" She said finally a challenge fiercely locked in her gaze.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Haimon shrugged, trying to look like he wasn't panicking inside. After all, it was a harmless rock wall, what could happen?
"No problem, I'm already over it," he said before stopping himself.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:58 am

Emmeline nodded as though it didn't bother her, but it did. Her face suddenly filled with regret as she remembered stories older campers told the new ones, like how one camper was swallowed by lava and only his hat was left. Emmy shuddered trying to block a very bad mental image from her head. "Oh really? That's.. That's um great!" She replied not even bothering to look at Haimon, her gaze was locked on the wall.
Despite her cool attitude she couldn't help her hand from shaking ever so slightly. Realizing it she quickly crossed her arms hiding the hand with a mind of it's own. "So do you want to go first or do you need a girl to show you how it's done?" Emmy replied with a purr, trying to keep cool. She locked eyes with him and held her powerful gaze as she offered him the challenge. It wasn't that she didn't like him, she did as a friend, but she couldn't help her attitude towards him currently, for she was afraid she would show her scared side. That was a definite no.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Raising an eyebrow, he gave her a coy smile.
"I don't need a girl to show me how it's done." Haimon said girl as though it were something bad, but he didn't mean it that way. He looked up to the top of the rock. It seemed so far away; he almost had to squint to see a couple of people at the top.
"We should race," he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Emmeline squinted a gazed up at the large rock spewing with lava. Thinking for a second she tightened her plump lips into a line pondering. She stared into Haimons dark almost.. Red eyes, and turned back to the wall. It was an unfair advantage, after all Emmeline was only 5'7" and he was by far 6 foot. Not leading that get to her head she nodded.
"Fine!" She snapped her hair appearing onto of her hair quickly swinging in a high ponytail. The wind rushed by blowing the sweet smell of Emmeline's strawberry smelling shampoo right into Haimons senses. She hadn't seem to notice as she drummed her fingers across her pale leg.
Finally everyone was off and Emmeline and Haimon could race.
OOC: So what did you decide?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:19 pm

OoC: I told you in her plotting page .3.

Haimon blinked, and breathed in deeply.
It smells like the strawberry fields, he thought, smiling in pleasure. His dark eyes twinkled slightly now, as the idea of a challenge reached his mind. Once the others had come off the wall, a satyr running the program put them on either side, so as to make it fair. He would also be their signal.
The goat-boy stood in the middle of the two demigods, raising his arms.
"I hope you're ready," he told them. "Get set. . . GO!"
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Ooc: Yay!

Emmeline took off speeding over to the large wall. Climbing nimbley she was already a quarter of the way there. Then she heard a loud WOOSHING noise and her head quickly snapped up to face her first challenge. Just as soon as she had looked a large boulder quickly tumbled down hitting her right arm and forcing Emmeline to fall.
Screaming she grabbed hold of a wedge with her other hand. Studying the engery she decided it was worse than a bruise or a sprain, she had probably broken three or four bones. Wincinging she couldn't let that stop her and she trudged up the Wall wincing with every move.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Not sure of what was happening on the other side, Haimon climbed as well as he could. He noted, quite happily, that he was building muscle mass.
Happy, Dad?
He heard a scream from around the edge, and a horrible thud, causing him to freeze up momentarily. Then he realized that if anything super bad happened to Emmy, the satyr would have stopped him from going, so he did.
He neared halfway when the lava started coming. He suddenly realized he had no idea what to do here.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Emmeline had too spotted the now oozing lava shimmying down the wall. Now halfway up she didn't dare go near it so she jumped back and forth yelping in pain but the noise was muffled and couldn't be heard. The brown haired beauty held her hand protectively as she leaped from spot to spot.
Her muscles ached, her arm hurt but she didn't dare stop as she felt a rumble beneath her. Her body tensioned and she scurried up the rock almost to the top. She was so close yet so far.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Oddly, Haimon was able to numb some of the pain coming from the blazing molten rock. He pushed his way through; he felt almost as though he were moving through a vat of maple syrup, except it didn't affect his pale skin and midnight hair. One foot from the top, and. . .

OoC:I want Emmy to win .3.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Ooc: Well if you insist:)
Brown hair gleamed from the top of the wall, a pair of glowing star sprinkled eyes accompanied the glossy hair. She figure had a large ugly scratch on her forehead and she was clutched a small broken arm. She was breathing, barely it was if it was coming out in short wheezes.
She had won and although she was looking pitifull she also looked proud. Her mouth was gaped open and her eyes were surprised. She hadn't expected to win, afterall Haimon was so much more athletic than her. Not wanting to sturr any drama she kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 pm

A few moments later, he appeared over the top of it, feeling triumphant. Too little too late, Haimon realized he had lost. He tried not to look too upset, but he had thought he had it down. Fortunately, he was better off than the daughter of Circe. Noting with shock, he saw her limp arm and the gash on her head.
"Are you okay?" he asked her, then mentally kicked himself. Stupidest question in the world.

OoC: His face when he realized he lost: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) 20081204_sad_face
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:27 am

Ooc: Now I feel bad :(

Emmeline suddenly felt like she was crap, she loved winning and all, but he looked so upset. Emmeline could see it in his eyes. Feeling bad she looked away, staring out into the forest. It's dense dark features sent a chill down her spine.
But Emmeline heard something... sounding like voice. It was Haimon's voice asking if she was all right. As if, she Was sore and aching she wished she knew a spell for healing, but she was new to this and she only knew small spells and tricks. She studdied her arm then at him. "I'm fine." She said quietly not wanting to sound like a complainer. She studdied him and although she didn't see and bruises she decided to ask anyway. "Um.. Are you okay?" She managed to say without wincing.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 4:51 pm

OoC: I forgot to add an 'lol' or something to the end of that :P It's okay, I was joking around

Haimon nodded.
"We should head back down," he suggested, although climbing back down was the last thing he wanted to do. Looking back at her, he felt really guilty for some reason. It was as though it were his fault she had done this, like he had forced her to race him up this treacherous chunk of rock. "Do you, uh, want any help?" Haimon winced, as once again, his words came out wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:15 pm

Emmeline stared at him, her feirce green-brown stare burrying into him. She touched the oozing sore with cation, glad it had stopped bleeding. It had matted a huge clunk of her hair together too and now the stunning girl felt awkward. "Oh, help? Well um sure I guess." She mumbled awkwardly then looking down over the hill. The height made her queezy so she forced her eyes away. "So um how exactly would you help me?" She said finally.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Now that Haimon thought about it, he had no clue.
"Uhh, piggy back ride?" he suggested, grimacing at how odd that sounded. He glanced down, and saw all the tiny people waiting for their turn.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Emmeline shifted her weight grimacing at the pain just doing that. She frowned at the thought of this and took a large breath. Pressing her limps into a line she processed this. "I guess so." She said finally with a frown.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 pm

OoC: Sooooooooo awkwaaarrd o.o

Haimon smiled slightly. He hoped he would be able to hold on with the extra weight; he'd had enough trouble getting up on his own.
"Climb on, monkey," he told Emmy.

Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:59 pm

Emmeline climbed on, feeling rather uncomfortable. However he seemed perfectly fine with carrying her, strange. She wrapped her arms around his neck her other arm aching. "Once we get down there, this won't change anything. Right?" She asked him her wide eyes blinking repeatedly.
Ooc: I wasn't sure if she was on his back but it's to late now so go along with it. But ikr? It is very uncomfortable. Oh and don't you like my new chary and the new pic for Emmy?
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:20 pm

OoC: Yeah, I like Emmy's pic :3 Dew has a charrie that goes by May already. .

Carefully, Haimon stepped over the ledge. He almost slipped, but he found a foothold quickly. Then slowly, but surely, they began making their way down. The son of Persephone also found that he could protect Emmeline from the elements, just simply by thinking of the coldest things he could. Soon, they reached the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:37 pm

Ooc: Oh, well I can change it back to Morgan.

Emmeline was shaking, she wasn't sure really. She felt suddenly so cold, teeth chattering she wondered why she felt cold. "Th-Th-thanks." She chattered in his ear. Ready to climb of and start a fire to warm up. She noticed how late it had gotten, in fact the sun was setting. Emmy sighed I relief watching it, it was really pretty actually.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 pm

"Oh gods, I made you cold," Haimon gasped. His magic had worked a little too well. He began thinking of warm summer breezes, sun shining on flowers, and directed it to Emmy.
Back to top Go down
Lil

Lil

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 7:57 pm

A warm feeling drifted through her small slim body. "Oh thank you. You know you are very skilled I can only do little things." She confessed to him in a hushed whisper. Afraid if she said it any louder someone else would hear. She squirmed a bit, "You know you can set me down right?" She said.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:09 pm

OoC: I thought she was already down o_O

Haimon set her down hurriedly, muttering an apology. He felt positively awful for what had happened, with her broken arm and cuts.
"We should get you to the Infirmary," he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)   A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Challenge, for Once (Emmyyyy)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Half Blood Hill :: Other :: The Underworld-
Jump to: